Patching Database Cloud Service
There is nothing simple more than this , Applying patch on the cloud (Dbaas), Oracle Cloud allow you to check the following :-
- Viewing Available Patches
- Check Prerequisites.
- Apply Patch.
- Rollback Patch.
In this post it will show you how to do all the above steps :-
- Open the Oracle Database Cloud Service console.
- Click the database deployment on which you want to check patching.
- Click the Administration tile and then click the Patching tab.
- If you want to use command line it's possible as well, you have to connect to the cloud using Putty on windows check the post from here that will tell you how to connect using putty to the cloud, however if the below you will see that the available patch in the picture for my Dbaas, you can check the prerequisites again by press on it.
If you want to run the same without GUI ( Cloud Console ) you can do the following
Remember you should configure Putty to be able to access the root on the cloud.
- Now If you want to apply the patch on the cloud Using the console it's very easy.
Enjoy the Cloud